People Live in Integrated Environments
As part of Springbrook’s commitment to excellence for those we support, we will be sharing an Outcome of the Month for reflection with participants, staff, and administration. For December 2018, we bring you the outcome of “People Live in Integrated Environments!”
“I feel calm and mostly happy in my apartment. I can get away from people when I want to, but I like my neighbors and like walking through the neighborhood during the summer!” – Nilsa
- People with disabilities have the right to access the same environments as anyone else.
- Integration increases exposure to, and acceptance of, a wide diversity in people.
- Opportunities for building social capital are increased when people live within their community.
Principles for Organizations
- Ensure that the environments where people spend time are determined by their preferences.
- Provide supports so that an array of options about where people live and work is available.
- Promote people’s use of social capital.
If you have any questions about the values and principles described, or how to facilitate a discussion with participants and your team, contact your supervisor. Thank you for your help in keeping Springbrook a leading service provider!