PEOPLE PERFORM DIFFERENT SOCIAL ROLES
As part of Springbrook’s commitment to excellence for those we support, we will be sharing an Outcome of the Month for reflection with participants, staff, and administration. For December 2019, we bring you the outcome of “People Perform Different Social Roles!”
- People who fill a variety of social roles are more likely to be treated as valued members of the larger community.
- People have opportunities to experience and perform different roles in their communities.
- People decide which social roles they would like to perform.
PRINCIPLES FOR ORGANIZATIONS
- Ensure that a broad array of role options is available to people.
- Provide supports to assist people to learn additional skills and behaviors necessary for filling a variety of social roles.
If you have any questions about the values and principles described, or how to facilitate a discussion with participants and your team, contact your supervisor. Thank you for your help in keeping Springbrook a leading service provider!