People Have The Best Possible Health
As part of Springbrook’s commitment to excellence for those we support, we will be sharing an Outcome of the Month for reflection with participants, staff, and administration. For June 2019, we bring you the outcome of “People Have the Best Possible Health!”
“To stay healthy I eat right, exercise, and see my doctor when I need to.” – Chris
- Best possible health is individually defined by each person, given his or her unique characteristics.
- A definition of best possible health is the foundation for selecting health services.
- Health care interventions for people are personalized and effective.
Principles for Organizations
- Provide education about the availability of the range of health services and the process for making decisions.
- Support people to manage and direct their own health care.
- Support and assist people to access all recommended health services.
- Continue to address health care concerns, even if preliminary interventions are not suited to the person’s preferences and lifestyle, or are not effective.
If you have any questions about the values and principles described, or how to facilitate a discussion with participants and your team, contact your supervisor. Thank you for your help in keeping Springbrook a leading service provider!