As part of Springbrook’s commitment to excellence for those we support, we will be sharing an Outcome of the Month for reflection with participants, staff, and administration. For April 2019, we bring you the outcome of “People are Respected!”
- People are always treated as people first.
- Respectful treatment and interactions enhance the person’s self-esteem and result in positive perceptions by others
PRINCIPLES FOR ORGANIZATIONS
- Ensure that staff behavior reflects sensitivity to the needs of people for privacy and dignity and that undignified displays, exhibitions, or exposure of people do not occur.
- Exercise confidentiality and sensitivity when speaking about people.
- Provide access to the materials and supports that will assist people in gaining competencies and participating fully in preferred activities.
If you have any questions about the values and principles described, or how to facilitate a discussion with participants and your team, contact your supervisor. Thank you for your help in keeping Springbrook a leading service provider!